1. Who are the founders of ASSCOD?
Association for Sustainable Community Development (ASSCOD) is an Indian registered NGO promoted by like minded individuals and was run till the year 2000 mainly concentrating on health programmes. Mr.K. Loganathan, who has 20 years of development experience, took the charge as Chief Executive Officer and since then the NGO has been scaling up
its development activities gradually. The Board of Trustees details are available in the website.
2. How does ASSCOD operate?
ASSCOD operates in partnership with Government departments, National and International
NGOs, Corporate, Philanthropists who contribute in the form of projects / programme funding and with these kinds of
supports; ASSCOD is taking up development activities in the areas of women empowerment, health, education,
environment and disaster management.
3. Define ASSCOD's value proposition?
- Opportunities to learn
- Freedom of ideas
- Efficient project management
- Donors and Beneficiaries satisfaction
- Compliance of legal requirements
- Networking and linkages
- Staff welfare
4. What does ASSCOD do?
ASSCOD forms women Self-Help Groups (SHGs) in its target areas and through SHGs, implement development activities based on Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The following MDGs are focused to attain holistic development:
- Eradicate Extreme Poverty & Hunger
- Achieve Universal Primary Education
- Promote Gender Equality and Empower Women
- Reduce Child Mortality
- Improve Maternal Health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other Diseases
- Ensure Environmental Sustainability
- Develop a Global Partnership for Development
5. What are the different projects of ASSCOD?
- Capacitation of women for sustainable development
- Addressing mal nutritional issues of women and children
- Organic farming
- Health care services for aged people
- Educate to empower
- ASSCOD tribal welfare projects
6. How does ASSCOD raise resources?
ASSCOD raises its financial resources from individual donors, institutional donors, Non Resident Donors, National and International funding agencies, International volunteers and Government department agencies.
7. How can I be part of ASSCOD?
You can volunteer with ASSCOD and learn more about the activities of ASSCOD. This will facilitate you decide in what way you can contribute to ASSCOD. You can help ASSCOD to raise funds for its projects or you will
become a donor and through that you will automatically join in ASSCOD as its friend.
8. Where can I make my donation?
You can make your donations online. To send in your contributions in the form of cheques or
Demand Drafts, please contact us at email@example.com . For bank transfer, you can use following our 2 bank accounts:
- Indian Donations can be transferred to
Account Number: 007701016436
IFS code : ICIC0000077
- Foreign Contributions / Donations can be transferred to
Account Number : 911010006942045
IFS Code : UTIB0001100
9. Are the donations exempt off taxes?
Yes. Indian donations are exempted under section 80G of IT Act
10. If this website secure to make online payment?
Yes. This website is secured as securities for all the information submitted
by you from interception are alternation over the web.
11. Does ASSCOD have corporate donors?
No. But, we have been initiating a number of steps to involve corporate donor in our programmes.
We are ready to extend our cooperation in promoting the brands of corporate, conducting consumer satisfaction survey and other
feedback reports as required by corporate in order to ensure mutual benefits to both corporate and ASSCOD / target groups.
12. How can a corporate become a donor?
You can implement development projects under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and we have
a number of need based development projects for your consideration. We will assure for efficient project
implementation, proper and timely feedback reports for your donations and transparent financial transaction.
13. How can a Non Resident Indian (NRI) become a donor?
We have a separate programme for NRI donors and the same will be displayed in website soon.